- two tennis balls (new ones are the best, but old ones that you have laying around the house are fine)
- one longer sock (finally, a use for those orphaned socks!)
- Light a candle or some incense and put on some relaxing energy to set the mood.
- Place both tennis balls into the toe end of the sock, and tie a knot at the top of the sock so that they don’t separate from each other.
- Place the tennis balls on the floor or yoga mat (yoga mat or carpet work best so that they don’t slide around too much).
- Create an intention for how you would like to feel after the exercise. One or two words to describe the feeling is great (relaxed, peaceful, open, etc).
- Lay down on your back, with your knees bent, and gently lift your head up and place the tennis balls under the base of your skull, where your neck meets the back of your head.
- Let your body surrender to gravity and soften into the firmness of the tennis balls.
- Take deep breaths into your belly and notice when your breath shifts from inhale to exhale, and from exhale to inhale.
- Remember your intention, and breathe that feeling right into the points that the balls are massaging.
- Make some tiny micro movements by dropping your chin and lifting it ever so slightly to see if the sensation changes.
- Use your arm to help lift your head off the tennis balls, and move them to a slightly different position (I like to use them under my upper back, between the shoulder blades, and all the way down the back).
- Remove the tennis balls from under your back and breathe and notice if you feel different.
Come experience some incredible self-massage and healing tools along with guided relaxation and meditation exercises to support you in cultivating peace and vitality at this special event:
Cultivating vitality with self-massage and self-care tools
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019 6-8pm
This workshop will be like going to a workout class with stations, only there will be relaxation and self massage stations. Self-care tools provided will include sacred sage and resins, essential oils (used outside, in case of sensitivity), the amethyst biomat pro, mini biomat, and bio-belt, massage balls, electric massager, chi machine, and more!
Location: Boulder Mandala Integrative Medicine Clinic
825 S Broadway (Lower Level)
Boulder, CO 80305
Investment : $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Register here: https://tinyurl.com/y5tqrc2x